What kind of woman are you?
What is femininity?
Who are the most inspiring women, who you have found through social media?
Today, one of my favourite Instagram accounts is by the artist Kätlin Kaljuvee I have been admiring her work for a long time and have given her art as a present to one of the most important people in my life. In addition to being so elegant and beautiful, she is a truly talented artist. https://www.instagram.com/katlinkaljuvee/
I also admire Liis Taras, who I found randomly scrolling on Instagram. Her visual language and aesthetic style is so fragile and sensitive, that it’s hard to describe. Art history and interior design meet her lovely family. Her view on life is also very special – it’s nostalgic, authentic and elegant. Something that the modern-day society has forgotten due to over consumption. I especially love her posts about her children because the posts feel like they are from a much more magical place, than this world. https://www.instagram.com/liistaras/
It’s no secret that I am also a big fan of KUMA Design and its founder Mari Ojasaar. She is a beautiful embodiment of femininity – energetic and delicate at the same time. https://www.instagram.com/mariojasaar/
If you are looking for some good humor to spice up your social media life, then I recommend to follow Heelia Sillamaa. She is an admirable young journalist, who has a very sharp and spot-on sense of humor – really funny and honest reflection of what is going on in our society. https://www.instagram.com/heeliasillamaa/
And last but not least, the mother of two and physiotherapist Katre Lust-Mardna – I just love her posts about her family life and can’t wait for the next one. She is excellent in showcasing her children with a humorous twist that shows exactly what kind of beliefs she bases her upbringing on. She is also a good example of a woman who is successful in her career, but has managed to surround herself with love.
What is the most beautiful thing about being a woman?
What is the most painful thing about being a woman?
What kind of advice would you give to someone, who has lost contact with their feminine side?
- Be aware of your menstrual cycle and even when you are having one of those days when everything feels wrong, then at least you know what it’s caused from. I would recommend every woman (and why not men too, to understand what women go through every month) to read the book by Maisie Hilli called “Period Power”. This book will help you understand the different periods we have within our menstrual cycle and tells you when it’s better to keep yourself to the inside and when it’s better to be more to the outside.
- Be honest with yourself – you don’t need to be someone else because of other people. Feel your own rhythm and desires.
- Move – in a way, where you truly feel your body and have good contact with it. It can be anything from running, stretching or boxing. It doesn’t matter what training style you go for, as long as you get the right physical contact with yourself. Soon enough, you will see that your mind will become clearer, your body stronger and your heart lighter. To help you find your own way of moving I have a little gift to all KUMA friends: use discount code “KUMA” and get 50% off from the first month of subscription to Gracefit training programs!
- Write your thoughts down in a diary - it might feel a little strange in the beginning but give it a try - choose a diary that you really like, put on some good music and be alone. Create the right kind of ambience for yourself and if you don’t know what that is, then first get to know what kind of atmosphere you need, in order to feel like yourself again. All the other roles in your life are also important, but the base is always you as a woman.
- Spend some time alone or do something only for yourself every week. If you don’t even know, what it is you would like to do for yourself, then it’s your last chance to get to know the soul living inside your body.
My secret recipe to self-love is simple: spend time with yourself, think and dream about life and love, write your ideas down and eat light. Self-love is pretty guaranteed with that recipe.